Flexible display indicator XDi-N (wind)
The XDi Navigation version (XDi-N) is the top model of the XDi series of display-based indicators. Compact, easy-to-install, versatile and user-friendly, the complete range of XDi bridge indicators takes the well-known DEIF qualities in both product performance and logistic handling to a new level.
The ultimate all-in-one solution, the XDi-N saves you panel space and installation time, gives you greater choice, more flexibility and the ability to configure and make repairs on-site.
XDi-N main wind indicatorThe XDi-N main indicator is delivered with one NX2 NMEA input/output (I/O) module that in most cases covers all the needs for NMEA I/O. Adding one extra NX2 extension module on the XDi 144 N or XDi 192 N adds another set of I/O ports.
XDi-N wind repeater
The XDi-N wind repeater indicator has the same functions as the main unit, use exactly the same indicator library, but receives data via CAN bus (XDi-net), and therefore no NMEA extension module is required.
NMEA data interface
The standard input for XDi navigation indicators are NMEA data in compliance with IEC 61162-1. Supported NMEA data for wind indicators:
- Relative wind speed and direction
- True and geographic true wind speed and direction
- Heading, water speed, speed over ground, longitudinal speed for true/geographic wind calculations
- TFT graphical LED 3.5, 5 or 7" display
- 96, 144 or 192 DIN cutouts
- Two CAN ports for easy interfacing
- XDi-Net – add multiple XDi indicators
- Redundant power inputs
- Compatible with wind sensors providing NMEA data (such as DEIF’s ultrasonic wind sensors)
- Up to six NMEA compatible inputs
- Up to four NMEA outputs
- Relative, true & geographic wind indication
- Toggle between up to four predefined indicator screens
- Quick-switch between wind speed measuring units (knots, m/s or m/h, km/h, beaufort)
- Dimmer controllable using front/external push-buttons, analogue, NMEA or CAN/XDi-net
- Standard day and night designs
- Customised indicator designs available on request
- Optional analogue or digital input
- Optional wind warning and alarms/relay output
- Optional IP66 protection
Containing Flexible display indicator XDi-N