Wind sensor WSS 500 & WSS 550
Wind measuring instrument - WSS 500 & 550 -Description
The wind measuring instrument form DEIF has the ultrasonic measuring principle with no moving parts, that gives reliable performance without any wear-out problems and without requiring regular service.
The new wind measuring instrument, WSS 550 version, has a built-in heating element to prevent icing up.
This wind speed sensor, WSS 500 & 550, can both be connected directly to a control system and concurrently send data to an XDi-N wind speed and direction indicator placed on the bridge.
An obvious alternative if you want high performance and reliability – not low-cost/high-maintenance!
WSS 550 With heating
WSS 500 Without heating
Wind measuring instrument - WSS 500 & 550 - features
The wind measuring instrument from DEIF has a long list of features:
- Measures wind speed and direction
- IP66 housing
- Intelligent heating prevents icing up
- Working temperature down to -40 °C
- Well-proven and robust technology
- Advanced system integration with XDi-N
- Plug’n’play replacement for WSS/WSS-L
- Fully compatible with WSDI-2 indicators
- All relevant major class approvals
Containing Wind sensor WSS 500 and WSS 550