Paralleling & protection unit with CODESYS PPU 300 CODESYS
DEIF’s paralleling & protection and generator protection unit PPU 300 CODESYS features integrated CODESYS, enabling switchboard builders, system integrators and end-users to create customised applications and projects. CODESYS also eliminates the need for external PLCs.
CODESYS cuts your costs and ups your flexibility
Eliminating the need for external and expensive external PLCs, the integrated CODESYS lets you develop customised applications according to customer requirements directly in the controller unit, saving you both installation cost and time. Being fully CANopen and CANraw compatible, it also makes retrofitting of older installations much easier as it allows for integration into any existing application. Once done, you’ll be happy to note that testing the installed DEIF control unit also means testing your entire system.
Advanced functions for a greener world
Leveraging the flexibility of the PPU 300 saves investment and maintenance costs since the PPM 300 can be configured for a wide range of different applications, thus alleviating the need to have multiple products or vendors. An extensive range of protection, supervision and advanced control functions, including market-leading fuel optimisation technology, are provided for a wide variety of applications. Applications include generator control and protection developed for diesel generators (including emergency diesel generators), shaft generators, shore connections, and bus tie breakers.
Space-saving, flexible and modular infrastructure
The PPU 300’s cost and space efficiency, flexibility and configurability are thanks to DEIF’s Multi-line 300 platform which offers a number of different plug-in modules, to meet the varying application requirements. Modules are installed in space-saving 4 or 7 slot extension racks which are expandable with up to 10 racks per controller (1 primary controller rack + 9 extension racks), giving each individual PPU 300 controller system support for 59 I/O modules. The Multi-line system also provides multiple controller capability allowing the expansion of up to 32 individual PPU 300 systems, giving a flexibility and scalability that caters for installations ranging from small vessels to very large power plants. A single PPU 300 can provide ANSI 87G differential protection functionality.
Easy configuration and user-friendly operator control
No big investment costs are needed for training to set up and use the PPU 300. Designed to be simple and user-friendly, the display unit includes a 5” colour graphic screen with intuitive menus and logical sequences and icons, making it easy to configure and set up and perform maintenance and upgrades. Fast readout of live data and easy access to alarms handling allows quick and efficient use in day to day operations.
What is CODESYS?
- CODESYS (short for COntroller DEvelopment SYStem) [LINK TO www.codesys.com] is a development environment for programming controller applications according to the international industrial standard IEC 61131-3. Developed by the German 3S-Smart Software Solutions company is was first launched in 1994. CODESYS licenses are free of charge and can be installed legally without copy protection on an unlimited number of workstations. The software tool covers different aspects of industrial automation technology with one surface.
- All five programming languages for application programming defined in the IEC 61131-3 are available in CODESYS:
- IL (instruction list) - assembler like programming language
- ST (structured text) - similar to programming in Pascal or C
- LD (ladder diagram) - enables the programmer to virtually combine relay contacts and coils
- FBD (function block diagram) - enables the user to rapidly programme both Boolean and analogue expressions
- SFC (sequential function chart) - convenient for programming sequential processes and flows
Features (PPU 300)
All in one controller: genset control, monitor and protection, breaker operation
- Requires external control with CODESYS option
Control and protection for generators, shafts, shore connection and bus tie breakers
- Breaker open/close and trip
- Generator one touch sequences for genset start and stop, and breaker close and open
- ANSI 87G differential protection for generator
- Automatic synchronise and de-load breaker
- Broadcast of software
- Emulation and supervision
- High-resolution 5" colour graphic display with push-buttons
- Advanced alarm handling with latch and shelve functions
- Event and alarm log, with real-time clock
- Pre-defined control settings
- User-friendly logic configuration tool, based on ladder logic and function blocks with monitor operation
- Easy-to-use PC tool (PICUS)
- Flexible Modbus - allows users to customise their own Modbus plus exporting and importing capability
- Multilanguage support
- Flexible backup and restore options
- Network Time Protocol support
- Password-protected, with customisable permission levels
Multi-Line 300 platform support
- Flexible and modular input/output with metal rack
- Plug & play, auto-configure I/O modules and network
Fast load reduction of less than 100 ms
Advanced fuel optimisation feature
3-phase AC measurement up to 690 V AC directly, class 0.5